I'm back with a little shopping inspiration post today as it's soon approaching that time for a wardrobe overhaul, where the coats are put to the back and outcome the lighter layers, unless you live in Ireland of course, where no outfit is complete without a coat and an umbrella! Maybe people often find it hard to drag themselves out of the reliable burgundy and leathers of A/W, so I've decided to share the exciting trends S/S'14 has to offer to give you inspiration when creating your new seasonal wardrobe!
1. Kimonos - there is no signs of the kimono trend disappearing which is a pleasant surprize as lets face it, its basically a dressing gown that's appropriate for outside of the house! Comfy and stylish are words than don't usually go together but here is finally a style that combines both, woo! The S/S'14 approved kimono will be typically pastel coloured florals, waist length and also a longer almost floor length version!
2. Pastels - Without a doubt pastels are the colour of choice for S/S'14. Whether it be in a chunky knit for Feb/March when there's still a nip in the air, or a box style tee you will be bang on trend.
3. Silk bomber jackets - The street style favourite, sports luxe trend is staying around for another season, however, it is again adapting to the seasonal change with a more silk, floral feel. This isn't for the faint hearted however, when paired with a plain bottom you will have no fear of looking like Vicky from Little Britain, who has scarred me for life when it comes to bombers!!
4. Ripped boyfriend jeans - This is without a doubt, the biggest wardrobe staple you can have for spring summer. Whether it be a light washed denim pair with pastels and a fab sandal or a darker denim paired with a crisp white top this is such an easy trend to pull off.
5. Metallic/hologram accessories - The strappy sandal is staying with us but with a hologram/metallic twist. This 'shiny' trend follows through with clutch bags and necklaces and bracelets.
And there you have it guys, your spring summer wardrobe in a nutshell! All in all we have seen the majority of these trends before, however they are making a comeback in a pastel shaded, floral feel!
Are you as excited to create your S/S'14 wardrobe as I am or will you be keeping your distance from these trends?
Until next time girlies.. LolaRose xx