Review - My TERRIBLE Experience with Rimmel's "Wake Me Up" Foundation

Hi girlies,
I'm back with another product review, this time I am sharing my experience with Rimmel's latest hype the "Wake Me Up Foundation" and unfortunately I was EXTREMELY unimpressed :(

Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation - Natural Beige #400 
I feel like people will be throwing shoes at their computers when they read me dissing this "holygrail" product but I can't help it I honestly can't believe how bad it looked on me! (That bad, I wouldn't even dare to put a picture up online!)
 
Wake Me Up Foundation is a liquid foundation claiming to awaken skin with a radiant, healthy glow. It is designed to eliminate signs of tiredness and ensure that you have the appearance of someone who has had a full nights sleep. In my case it lay on my skin like I had applied a layer of lard to my face despite setting it with powder. In my mum's words "It looks like you could cook a fry on your face!" Cheers mum!
 
I normally switch between M.A.C's fix fluid foundation in NC42 and Rimmel's 25hour lasting foundation in the shade #400 and to this day despite trying numerous foundations I am yet to find a foundation that beats or even matches these.
 
Coverage; I would say there is medium coverage with this foundation, you defo still need under eye concealer. However despite claims that this is "beauty sleep in a bottle" it looked like I had the night before makeup on! The dewy look turned into a greasy/oily finish. Perhaps this is simply due to my skin type however I have always suffered from dry skin so I found how oily I looked so strange!
Colour; The colour was ok, it was slightly dark in comparison to my 25hour foundation which was in the same 400shade. It comes in 7shades so there is a decent variety to chose from.
Packaging; The packaging is in a nice, chunky glass bottle with a plastic pump dispenser which allows you to control the amount of product that comes out without it spilling everywhere. Unlike Estee Lauder and some other foundations
Price; I paid €10.95 for this in Boots, which is quite expensive for a high street foundation. But I would happily pay this if I liked it.
Would I repurchase?;No definitely not.
 
I hate slagging off products but I really was so shock at how oily my face was left despite setting it with my usual setting powder (Rimmel's Matte Powder)
However I didn't use my Gosh primer before applying which may have helped.
 
I feel like I am the sole blogger who was unimpressed by this foundation but I felt I had to be honest and hopefully help some of you save your pennies instead of buying a product that you will regret!
 
 
Have you ever tried this foundation?
Have you had a bad/good experience with "Wake Me Up Foundation"?
Do you prefer high street/high end foundations?
 
 
Don't forget to enter my Killer Jewel Boutique jewellery competition HERE
 
Until next time girlies.. LolaRose xx

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

26 comments:

  1. Uh oh!!! Maybe try l'oreal truematch? I use that or mac studio fix xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I've never tried that, thanks hun :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you, one of my friends uses this and swears by it as her to go foundation, I usually see her without makeup so when I saw her use it on her acne prone skin I had to intervene and tell her to stop - this oily mess she was getting into was so not a great look. It just settles to a not at all dewy look but like she could get through a box of blot papers! I dare not try it even on my normal combination skin! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would advice you not to waste your money if you've seen how oily it is on your friend I will I had of seen someone I know wearing it before I purchased!!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Hey lady! Haven't tried this as I don't think it's even in the US. I admire you for also writing an honest negative review! I think it's important to know what people liked and don't like about a product. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually used to really like this and included it in a few of my monthly favourites posts. But recently I have been HATING it. I have no idea what happened, but I pretty much looked completely oily and shiny like you said, it was horrible! Its gone from holy grail to "I can't wait to get rid of it"! Great post though, its good to let people know the bad as well as the good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats crazy how much it changed!!
      Thanks for your comment hun :)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Thats crazy how much it could change!!
      Thanks for your comment hun :)
      xx

      Delete
  5. I've always hated this! It looked like mud on my face! I got it when it first came out and couldn't understand how everyone since has said how great it is.
    Anyway, I hope you're well Mrs!
    Laura xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I bought it because people had raved about it for so long!!!

      It just doesn't suit us hun!!
      xx

      Delete
  6. I've always loved this foundation :) I guess it goes to show how different products work differently for us all! :)

    Hope you find a better foundation :)

    Http://throughchelseaseyes.com/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy isn't it!
      Thanks Chelsea :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. I've never tried but thanks for this rewiew so i think i won't try :) Have a fabby sunday ! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hope I havn't turned you off too much!
      Thanks for your comment :)
      xx

      Delete
  8. Ive never tried this before however ive read some negative post about this too! its too shiny, greasy and 'glittery' :S thanks for your honest opinion hun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never tried it and it seems will never do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I currently use this, but never when I've been tanned but I think mac foundations are so much better! xo

    http://bellechatonxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I am so surprised that you hate this!! This is up there as one of my faves along with my chanel foundations. Just shows that everyone really is different! What a bummer xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so strange how different people see different foundations!!
      Thanks for commenting Samantha :)
      xx

      Delete
  12. Is your skin oily? That could be why. We don't have this kind in America. We have Rommel, but just the 25 hour I think. Following you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's dry!
      Thanks so much Elle!
      xx

      Delete
  13. This is the first bad review I've seen of it! I dont mind paying a lot for foundation but £10 is too much for a Rimmel one if it might be rubbish x
    britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment they really do make my day.. I ALWAYS reply back so make sure to come back & check!!