The dreaded task of cleaning makeup brushes!


For the past few months I have been using M.A.C's Brush Cleanser to clean, and unclog my brushes of the plethora of shades that have formed in their bristles. However I recently came to the end of my 235ml bottle and with my "local" M.A.C store being over an hour away I knew I had to find a subsitute!

While many people believe there is nothing like M.A.C's Brush Cleanser I knew there had to be a dupe for the €12 product! I knew I had to find something that would try and match what M.A.C say about this product aka : "This one product will  clean, disinfect and condition the brush fibers so that brushes will last longer"

This would be alot easier than I thought and a quick trip to my bathroom cupboard sorted my problem! The answer ladies? Johnston's Baby Shampoo!











Directions for both Baby Shampoo & Brush Cleanser:
-Take some kitchen roll or a face cloth
- Apply a small amount of your shampoo/cleanser to your brush and rub this back and forth gently on the tissue paper, making sure all make-up is removed.
- When your done re-shape your brush and leave to dry.
Alternatively:
- Place some Baby Shampoo and water in a glass and place all your dirty brushes in it for 30 mins
- Re-shape brush and leave to dry

The shampoo not only made my brushes soft, smelling fresh and removed all sources of makeup it also helped reduce the shedding that my M.A.C and Sigma foundation brushes were so prone to!

M.A.C's Brush Cleaner can be found only the M.A.C website here or your local store
Whereas Johnston's Baby Shampoo can be found in your local Boots or on the Boots website or even your local supermarket!

Pro's :
Price: M.A.C's cleanser retails for €12 while Johnstons's Baby Shampoo retails for €3:35
Size: M.A.C's cleanser is a 235ml bottle whereas Johnston's Baby Shampoo is a 500ml bottle!

Other use for baby shampoo:
-Use as a gentle, cheap and tear-free eye makeup remover. Put a drop on a damp cotton ball to
remove makeup, then rinse.
-The next time you run out of shaving cream, use a little
baby shampoo on legs and underarms for a smooth and soft shave.
-You can even use it on your beloved pets ! Substitute baby shampoo for an expensive hypoallergenic pet shampoo.


Overall I would find myself purchasing the Baby Shampoo alot quicker than M.A.C's Brush Cleanser as I genuinely believe that it is better in almost every aspect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment they really do make my day.. I ALWAYS reply back so make sure to come back & check!!